Sunday, September 2, 2012

Pets as workout buddies


If your in a workout rut and you want someone to play with look no further than your dog.  Dogs are great workout buddies they can help set your pace or give you an extra push.  If you like to run your dog can bring a whole new aspect to your training.  For women they can also add a sense of security.  

Growing up I would always take my dog on bike rides with me.  My dog Shadow loved to run along beside me.  He would be very protective anytime we came across a strange dog and make sure the coast was clear for me to bike or run thru.  

Another great reason working out with your pet can be a new adventure in some cities they now have people and dog yoga.  You can actually do a yoga class with your dog.  If your dog is not that well trained it might not be the best option for you.  

So I challenge you if you have not try to go for a bike ride or run with your dog to amp up your workout this week.  If you have a cat this article may not pertain to you :) 

No comments:

Post a Comment