Saturday, June 16, 2012

Running without the gadgets

Today I  went for a run in the country without any gizmos or gadgets.  Meaning no I-pods or heart rate monitors.  I ran on the gravel roads without any distractions just my thoughts.  I enjoyed thinking about my upcoming day, planned a to do list.  Than my inner yoga kicked in and I stayed present with what I was doing.  I noticed my hip started hurting and my breath.  I pushed through those pains and thought what great stretches I could be doing for my hip when I was done with my run.  I noticed the smell of the farms around me as well as the wind picking up in certain spots on the run.  I was overall very connected to myself on the run.  I ran until I thought I was done. I didn't do it for a certain amount of time or calorie burn.  How freeing to not do that!  Once every couple weeks I can see myself running like this and would recommend it to try even if its just once.

No comments:

Post a Comment