Thursday, July 19, 2012

5K Runs


Last night I ran in my first 5K run of the summer.  I really didn't train to tough to get in shape for it like I would have liked to, but still ran a decent time.  I shaved off 15 seconds from my practice times.  The picture above is with the people I ran the race with this year.  Addie another in-home personal trainer and her husband Kory. 

Last year I had the honor of instructing a running group.  I took 4 people through their first 5K.  It is such a privilege to see someone meet their goals.  All of the people in my group finished the race and felt amazing after they did such.  Even if they had to walk throughout the race that is totally fine.  Most people think they need to be able to run the entire race.  That is not the case.  Quite a few people will run it like they do intervals.  Run as much as they can take a walk break for a minute run another 2-4 minutes take another 1 minute walk break.  People will not judge you while they are running.  Everyone is so focused on themselves they don't pay any attention to what other people in the race are doing.  So if you haven't already challenge yourself to sign up for a 5K.  You just might find you are a "runner" after all. 

No comments:

Post a Comment