Friday, July 13, 2012

Have you made your goal pyramid?

I have discovered the power of writing down your goals.  Statistics show that you are 80% more likely to meet your goal if you write it down.  Personally I just started doing this.  I came across a book, Jillian Michaels, Unlimited (I highly recommend this book as well) that talked about writing your goal pyramid.  So I have since recorded my goals and have my goal pyramids hanging in my apartment.  I have a personal as well as professional goal pyramid.  I broke it down into daily, weekly, monthly and yearly goals.  Some of my goals might seem a bit lofty but if you don't aim high for yourself who will?  I have challenged myself to stay on top of these goals and it has made a difference in the way I live.  I am more adventurous about what I want and go for it.  I'm more willing to put myself out there and express my opinions on things.  My personal yearly goal was to weigh 145lbs.  I am very close to hitting that and I'm only 1 month into that yearly goal.  I than can reassess and add to that.  I'm now thinking I want to do a fitness show of sorts.  This is something I have thought about doing for a long time but never felt confident enough to go after it.  I now feel I could do it and be proud of my body.  

So I challenge you to write down your goals.  If you don't want to do a pyramid that is fine but pick one goal that you are really striving to achieve.  Once you reach that goal, and you will choose another.  Life is all about bettering oneself and I believe goals are a great way to hold yourself accountable.  You can also tell a trusted friend, spouse or colleague your goals and have them help hold you accountable.  The sky is the limit and put yourself out of your comfort zone to achieve your goal! 

No comments:

Post a Comment